I am currently looking for a versatile Night Transport Planner for our client, a large supply chain logistics company.
We are looking for someone happy to work Monday – Friday 21:00 – 06:00. This is a temp – perm position and once permanent pays around 28.5k.
Prior to this the salary will be based on an hourly rate.
Duties will include but not limited to;
- Liaising with drivers, dealing with dispatch and routing issues
- Liaising with warehouse staff to ensure vehicles are loaded and routes can run on time
- Dealing with customer enquiries
- Carrying out administrative traffic and transport duties as required
- Debriefing drivers
- Ensuring delivery schedules are planned and executed in the most cost effective way
- Overseeing the smooth running of the delivery service
- Transport planning experience
- General haulage experience
- Good knowledge and understanding of weight restrictions on LGV and Vans
- Have worked with pallets before
- Ideally have hazardous haulage experience (preferred but not essential)
- CPC (preferred but not essential)